I returned home from BlogHer '10 today. One year from now I am not going to remember nine out of ten of the following tips, so this is really more of a note to self than anything else.
- Bring Tums
- Go Wednesday to Sunday, but leave late on Sunday and take Monday off of work
- Wear your hair up for parties because it gets HOT in there
- Eat before parties because you will DRINK
- Or, skip the parties and do more things in town with your friends
- Bring your own Diet Pepsi because the dude at the Diet Pepsi booth is only handing out samples as if there was a single person at the conference who might be thinking, "Hey, I wonder what Diet Pepsi tastes like."
- Attend some sessions, you jackass
- Bring pre-cut moleskin strips (again) to prevent blisters on your feet even though you brought comfortable shoes to wear
- Scope out all hair, make-up, and spa services as early as possible because they have sign-up times that fill up quickly
- Don't share a bed
Bonus tip: Get new luggage. That $15 carry-on you bought at Sam's Club in 1995 has reached the end of its life.